[squid-users] New to squid -- asp site login issue

From: Listserv <SALISTSERV@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:02:14 -0400

I've recently inherited a set of squid caching servers... 2.5 stable 4
running
on SuSE 9.x. I'm still getting up to speed on squid, and I'm having
trouble
with one website in particular... it's a support site with an asp login:

http://12.178.161.141/Support/

From outside the cache, the URL simply pops up a login box (asp page, I
believe) and then proceeds to the site, every time, so I'm fairly sure
it's not
the server. Going through the cache, I get some weird behavior.

The browser (regardless of flavor) will spin and spin like it's trying
connect, before finally giving up the ghost with a timeout notice.
Except,
occassionally, it will sit and spin and then bring up the login box.
Logging
in, though, leads to another long delay with no website. But after
that, if I
open a new browser and surf to the site, it sometimes opens as if I've
logged in.

I've tried configuring squid not to cache the page based on the IP with
no_cache and always_direct, I've added .asp to the heirarchy_stoplist,
but
nothing seems to have helped and nothing helpful in the logs -- just the
exception notice from the no_cache. Anyone else have the same problem
when
they go to the site? Or better yet, can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Sean Albright