RE: [squid-users] still having problems with Mircosoft Update

From: <Mace.Scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:47:44 -0400

"Matt Ashfield" <mda@unb.ca> wrote on 08/04/2005 12:28:51 PM:

> Thanks, but I'm still having problems. Obviously something I'm doing
wrong,
> hence me asking for help! Haha..
>
> Surely people are doing this successfully as a transparent proxy (I
don't
> want to cache anything).
>
> Matt Ashfield
> Network Analyst
> Integrated Technology Services
> University of New Brunswick
> (506) 447-3033
> mda@unb.ca

Transparent proxy is not necessarily a no-cache proxy. I realize this
doesn't help your immediate issue, but it helps to be clear what your
intent is. I also notice you don't have an iptables rule for 443. Is
that right? Should there be a rule to redirect all incoming port 443
request to the squid port? I've not done a configuration like this so I'm
not entirely sure.

Scott Mace
Security Administrator
Travelcenters of America