RE: [squid-users] No Autologin, 407 Proxy Authentication Required

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:37:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Garrett Stoupe wrote:

> We are currently Using Active Directory and in the near future they will
> want to do the authentication via Kerberos,

MSIE does not (yet?) support Kerberos to proxies, only NTLM. Firefox and
perhaps a few others do support this with some tinkering.

If you want a clean path forward to Kerberos then install Samba as an ADS
member today, enabling NTLM authentication to the proxy. Then migrate to
use Kerberos as it becomes available. Support for both Squid and Samba is
available in the lab, but MSIE is still missing from what I know....

You can keep the LDAP part for Basic authentication if you like, giving
you the best of all worlds. Or use Samba for Basic authentication as well.