Re: [squid-users] Squid Error Pages incomplete

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 17:44:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 Axel.Mueller@t-systems.com wrote:

> Hello!
>
> We use since yesterday squid from debian sarge:
>
> Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE9
> configure options: --prefix=/usr --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid --sysconfdir=/etc/squid --localstatedir=/var/spool/squid --datadir=/usr/share/squid --enable-async-io --with-pthreads --enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,diskd,null --enable-linux-netfilter --enable-arp-acl --enable-removal-policies=lru,heap --enable-snmp --enable-delay-pools --enable-htcp --enable-poll --enable-cache-digests --enable-underscores --enable-referer-log --enable-useragent-log --enable-auth=basic,digest,ntlm --enable-carp --with-large-files i386-debian-linux
>
> Now we have a problem: If an IE Client connects to squid and request an denied location, then squid returns the expected error page, but this error page is incomplete, means the text is cut off. Looks like this (ok it's german but i think you will understand):
> ----
> FEHLER
> Der angeforderte URL konnte nicht geholt werden
>
> Während des Versuches, den URL
> webmailer.1und1.de:443
> zu laden, trat der folgende Fehler auf:
>
> Zugri
> ----
>

> This happens with every IE Client. We have delete the temporary internet files of the IE but still the same. With Firefox or Mozilla on the same squid the whole error page is displayed...no problems:

This is a known bug in MSIE. It fails to handle HTTP error messages in
response to a CONNECT request (what is used for esablishing the SSL tunnel
to the web server on https:// requests via the proxy).

You can try fiddling with the "Show friendly HTTP error messages" and "Use
HTTP/1.1 via proxy" settings in the advanced Internet options, but I am
not sure it will help.