Re: [squid-users] caching objects based on content type

From: Logu <logsnaath@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 21:24:36 +0530

>> Is it possible to make squid to cache objects based on content-type. I
>> have a microsoft webserver which serves images. The url looks something
>> like http://www.abc.net/pixdll?no=24 and the content type is either
>> image/jpeg or sometimes text/html . But none of these obejects or not
>> cached. Is it possible to cache only the image/jpeg content.
>
> Unfortunately not without first coding the feature.
>
> In theory one should be able to use the no_cache directive with the
> rep_mime_type ACL but this can not work today as no_cache is evaluated
> before forwarding the request only (i.e. no response available yet to find
> the mime type from).

Hi Henrik
thanks for your reply.
Sorry., I think I have not put my problem correctly. I have a microsoft
webserver and I want squid to act as a reverse proxy for it. The url is
something like http://www.abc.net/pixdll?no=24. Mostly the content type
servered from these type of url is image/jpeg. But squid thinks these pages
are not cachable and these images are not cached. Is it possible to cache
these objects (based on the content type header).

Thanks
-logu