Re: [squid-users] Http_access deny and fallback from ntlm to basic

From: Carlos Zottmann <carlos.zottmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 19:38:01 -0300

OK ... Thanks for the tip ..

We have some groups here that have access to a limited set of sites,
so our rules are like the following:

http_access allow group set_of_sites
http_access deny group

I guess we will have to turn them upside down :-)

The weirdest thing is that these rules used to work, until we applied
the security rollup for W2k SP4. After that, we had some problems
regarding squid rules with windows groups. Due to that, we removed the
security rollup. Then two things happened: the password prompts
related to deny rules, and our basic authentication, that was broken
before the installation of the security rollup, turned to work again

Regards,
Carlos.