Re: [squid-users] Accel Mode: Remove Via header for 2.5 STABLE10 ?

From: Darryl L. Miles <darryl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:48:40 +0100

Abu Khaled wrote:

>On 8/10/05, Darryl L. Miles <darryl@netbauds.net> wrote:
>

>>There is an rproxy.patch on devel.squid-cache.org which states it can
>>remove the Via header from the accel-proxy, but looking at the patch I
>>can't see the code that actually does it and the patch is a while old
>>now and does not patch against STABLE10.
>>
>>Maybe the changes have already been folded into the mainline source
>>tree, I'm just looking for this one feature from that patch.
>>

>I am not sure if this is what you want but try to use the
>header_access directive in <squid.conf>:
>example:
>header_access Via deny all

I read the decription on this feature will change the CLIENT headers
between SQUID and the TARGET site. Specially when anonymoising the
CLIENT user from the internet (in forward proxy).

When in accel mode the situation is reversed. So I read the description
will allow me to hide the Via header from my backend webserver but not
in the response coming back through the proxy.

Can anyone clarify this ?

--
Darryl L. Miles