Re: [squid-users] Windows update hangs

From: Aaron McDonnell <aaronm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:48:10 -0400

Hi Lasse

It could be related to the problem I'm having, depending on how your proxy
it set up. I'm trying to build a box to manage the Quarantine network in
our environment and the Windows Update site hangs/fails for me as well. The
problem in my case is that Squid is a transparent proxy, and when you click
on either the "Custom" or "Express" options, it briefly requires an SSL
connection to download.windowsupdate.com - since Squid doesn't seem to have
a way to do that in transparent mode, it fails.

If I set IE to use Squid as a proxy directly, it'll work. Have you tried
setting the proxy settings directly in IE yet?

Aaron

--
Aaron McDonnell
Network Administrator