[squid-users] Squid-2.5.STABLE6 and WCCPv2

From: Paul Fiero <paul.fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:40:50 -0500

Hey all, I am having a bit of a problem here trying to get something
running. I have the following:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (kernel 2.6.9-11)

Squid-2.5.STABLE6 (with wccp-buffer overflow patch and wccpv2 patch
from visolve applied) (installed via RedHat's RPM
squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4.E.5.rpm)

When I do the configure command and include -enable-wccp and
-enable-wccpv2 everything compiles and the squid.conf shows the
options for wccpv2 router but when I run squid it shows WCCP disabled
in the cache.log file. If I run configure using -disable-wccp and
-enable-wccpv2 I get the same thing. So at this point it I am at a
bit of an impasse. Can someone explain to me why

wccpv2 won't run with this or point me to a doc that could explain it?

Paul Fiero, RHCE

Information Security Analyst

Communications and Technology Management Office City of Austin

(512) 974-3559

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be a privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of
this information is strictly prohibited.