[squid-users] Reverse proxy, force caching no matter what

From: Eric Blanchi <ebb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:39:12 +1000

Hi,
I'm trying to cache a page generated by a dynamic application.
The headers generated by the page are as follow:

Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0,
pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache

My squid.conf reads as follow:

refresh_pattern . 1000 100% 10000 override-expire ignore-reload
override-lastmod reload-into-ims

Cacheability engine had this to say about my page:

----------
This object has been deliberately marked stale.
It doesn't have a validator present.
It will be revalidated on every hit, because it has a Cache-Control:
no-cache header.
It won't be cached at all, because it has a Cache-Control: no-store header.
Because of the must-revalidate header, all caches will strictly adhere
to any freshness information you set.
This object requests that a Cookie be set; this makes it and other pages
affected automatically stale; clients must check them upon every request.
It doesn't have a Content-Length header present, so it can't be used in
a HTTP/1.0 persistent connection.
----------

Now to the question:
- Is my squid.conf correct? I'm just trying to cache the page no matter
what for now and possibly even forbid a force-reload from the user's
browser.

- Why is it not working? I thought the options in the refresh_pattern
would override any staleness and Cache-Control, is this correct? Is the
cookie being set the problem?

- How can I fix this?

As you probably would have guessed I'm very new to caching and squid.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Cheers, EB