Re: [squid-users] squid ldap authentication

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:34:47 +0200

On 8/17/05, Ashish <maillistsmix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have in our network Windows Server 2003 and squid
> proxy. Now i want squid to authenticate through server 2003 active
> directory. i am using command:-
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b "ou=Users,
> dc=example,dc=com" ldapserver
>
> but it doesn't authenticate through it. Though the dialog for username
> and password doeas come but when i enter the username and password it
> doesn't authenticate though it. Plz tell me where i am going wrong. I
> have already tried ntlm_auth command.
> --

 - Whatīs in access.log , and cache.log ?
 - Check the man page on squid_ldap_auth for configuration info.
 - Windows 2003 : witch patch level ?
 - Samba version ?

 Note that some Windows 2003 patch level requires an upto date samba
 release. Check the archives, using search tool(s);

 - Include squid version used in postings.

 M.