[squid-users] Question on squidaio_counters

From: Joost de Heer <sanguis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:34:44 +0200 (CEST)

I took a look at the squidaio_counters page today, and saw something strange:

In the Squid book, I read, on page 244: 'The cancel counter is normally
equal to the close counter'. However, when I look at the statistics of my
cache I see the following:

open 6011915
close 463
cancel 6011881

This is Squid 2.5STABLE10 on Linux kernel 2.4.19, using aufs as cache
storage scheme.

Is something wrong with Squid, or is the comment in the book no longer
valid for the current version of Squid?

Joost