Re: [squid-users] How to limit upload for a particular source ip/user?

From: Abu Khaled <khaled.abu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:39:39 +0300

On 8/20/05, Senthil Murugan <zenmurugan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt response. I should have asked you clearly. I was
> thought of limiting the file size of the upload. I think using delay pools
> we can limit the bandwidth for a particular user.... I thought of using the
> "request_body_max_size" to control the upload size, but it is a general
> configuration parameter which is applicable for all the users.
>
> Syntax:
> # TAG: request_body_max_size (KB)
>
> But for limiting download size i think we can use "reply_body_max_size"
> with acl capabilities
>
> # TAG: reply_body_max_size bytes allow|deny acl acl...
>
> I like to know if there is any way in which we can control the upload size
> for a particular user
>
> -SenthilMurugan
>

> >> How to limit the upload for a particular user/source ip?
> >>
> >AFAIK squid delay pools only affect incomming traffic (download) and
> >have no effect on the outgoing traffic (upload).
> >
> >Regards.
> >Abu Khaled

Seems like I did not cc the list on my first reply !!!
Here is how I was able to block uploads larger than 500KB:

acl my_net src 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
acl USERA src 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl UPLIMIT req_header Content-Length [5-9][0-9]{5,}
acl UPMETH method post
http_access deny USERA UPMETH UPLIMIT
http_access allow my_net
http_access deny_all

PS: Though I was able to block the uploads the traffic still hits
squid (eq: 2MB) before it displays the deny page

--
Regards.
Abu Khaled