Re: [squid-users] last ditch effort.....

From: Corey Tyndall <CTyndall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:25:18 -0400

i other words if a user has the browser up for 15 minutes but hasn't
browsed I would like the session to be terminated so they would have to
close the browser and reopen.

On 8/23/05, Corey Tyndall <CTyndall@pcmh.com> wrote:
> This is my last day of trying to find a solution before my managers
are
> going to look for another proxy solution. We need to be able to
timeout
> user connections to the internet after 15 minutes of inactivity. I
have
> had a few suggestions but none seem to be what we need. My OS is
Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and Squid Stable 7. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what you mean by inactivity and by timing out
"user connections to the Internet", considering that the HTTP protocol
is inherently stateless...

Your needs might better be served with a commercial "firewall" product
including a single sign on (SSO) feature with it's own idea of state,
of inactivity, and it's own way to time out authenticated users.

KK

The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be privileged and may contain copyright material. You may only reproduce or distribute material if you are expressly authorized by us to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (and any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete this e-mail and any copies of it from your system.