[squid-users] Proxy SSL tunneling

From: Bogdan Dimitriu <bogdan.dimitriu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:35:11 +0100

Hello.
I'm having a problem with a distributed Java 5.0 application where the
client connects via a proxy server (Squid 2.5 in my case) to a server
using SSL (port 443).
Sometimes the tunneling works fine and sometimes it doesn't. Doing some
debugging, it seems from the logs of both the client and server that
their sockets are disconnected by something. Now, I suspect that the
proxy server is disconnecting them but I can't really prove it.
I have tried using a different free proxy server (Proxy+ I think it's
called) and the problem persists.
Have any of you guys experienced problems with the proxy disconnecting
the tunnel?

Cheers,

Bogdan