Re: [squid-users] Changing the port on which Squid starts during compilation

From: squidrunner support <squidrunner_dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 03:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

> I want the port on which Squid starts to be 8080.
> Default it's port 3128.
> But I can't seem to get Squid compiled with the
> start-port on 8080.
>
> What I did:
> - Set the environment variable CACHE_HTTP_PORT to
> 8080
> - ./configure --with-lots-of-options
> - Checked include/autoconf.h, in it I see '#define
> CACHE_HTTP_PORT 8080'
> - Compiled squid and started it, and it listens on
> 3128??

There is a c file called cache_cf.c which having
default configuration for squid.conf. I hope you can
change 3128 to 8080 and build them. Try it.

Best Regards,
Squid Runner Support
squidrunner_dev at yahoo dot com

Web: http://geocities.com/squidrunner_dev/
Support: runnersupport at gmail dot com

SquidRunner - An Automatic Squid Builder