[squid-users] Ncsa_auth problem

From: Woodard, Glenn <gwoodard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:13:37 -0400

I am using squid2.5stable9 and receiving the following error in the log:

WARNING: Cannot run '/usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth' process.

I am able to run the ncsa_auth from the terminal without failure.
Additionally, I created a user and made it part of the squid group and
was able to run the ncsa_auth as that user from the terminal. I have
stopped iptables to make sure a firewall is not blocking the connection.
I am able to ping the loopback address without failure.

Proxy works without problem when I allow access based on client IP
address.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Glenn