[squid-users] cache peering question

From: Raj Kumar Gurung <rajkumar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:55:07 +0545

Hi list

i have configured two squid servers running Redhat 9.My current
configuration for cache_peer is as :
CACHE 1:
cache_peer cache2.xxx.com sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only
icp_port 3130

CACHE 2:
cache_peer cache1.xxx.com sibling 3128 3130 proxy-only
icp_port 3130

Both have GRE tunnels with cisco router.And we could see that the cisco
is behaving as it should with HASH ALLOTMENT of 50% share to each proxy
server.
But when i checked at the cachemgr.cgi menu, i could see large
difference in the number of clients accessing the cache.Is it normal ?
or do i need to tweak some configurations.

Thanks in advance.