[squid-users] Squid to Netscape proxy parent authentication problem

From: Szarka Zoltán <szarka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:33:47 +0200

Hi All!

could help somebody please?

My problem is the next, I have a squid proxy 2.5 Stable9 without any
authentication requirement. I have configured a Netscape Proxy 3.52 as
parent. This proxy has require authentication.

if I have set up my browser to connect internet via Netscape proxy, then
authentication works well, but if I have set internet connection via squid
(over parent netscape proxy) then the browser has asked 3 times username and
password, and give an error message : Proxy authorizatin required.....etc
like if i have used a wrong username or password. (?)

in squid.conf:

cache_peer ip_of_netscape_proxy proxyport_of_netscape 3130 default
no-query
never_direct allow all

Any solution?

Thanks