RE: [squid-users] how 2 setup multiple 'routes' thru squid-cache based on listener port?

From: OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:48:17 -0700

Hi Chris,

thx for the reply! =)

> Adding something like...
>
> acl second_inport myport 7777
> always_direct allow second_inport
>
> ... above ...
>
> never_direct allow all
>
> ... should allow clients accessing your proxy through port 7777 to not use
> the privoxy (and therefore the TOR network), while pushing all other traffic
> through the anonymizing network.

aha. the 'myport' condition ... grt!

ok. if, per your suggestion, i do:

    acl second_inport myport 7777

    always_direct allow second_inport
    never_direct allow all

how would then subsequent conditions, e.g.:

    http_access allow localhost
    http_access allow INTERNAL_LAN

    no_cache deny QUERY SSL_ports
    http_access deny !Safe_ports
    http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
    http_access allow PURGE localhost
    http_access deny PURGE
    http_access allow manager localhost
    http_access deny manager

    header_access Allow allow INTERNAL_LAN
    header_access Authorization allow INTERNAL_LAN
    header_access WWW-Authenticate allow INTERNAL_LAN
    header_access Cache-Control allow INTERNAL_LAN
    header_access Content-Encoding allow INTERNAL_LAN

, associated with the port 8888 anonymization route be applied ONLY for that
route, and NOT the port 7777 'pass-thru'?

i'm guessing this will require creating ACLs of the correct type(s), and
logically JOINing them ...

i.e., effectively:

    header_access Allow allow (INTERNAL_LAN AND
!second_inport)

but, so far, I haven't figured out how to do the boolean logic (still digging
tho ...)

thx! & cheers,

richard