[squid-users] Squid accelerator for multiple sites?

From: Turgut Kalfaoglu <turgut@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:27:43 +0300

Hello there. I am trying to configure squid (2.5) to act as a "front
end" for multiple web servers,
running on the local machine, plus a few other LAN machines. Each web
server hosts many web sites, so we use "virtuals"

I first compiled squid with the configure option to disable internal
DNS lookup and wrote the IP addresses of several of the web sites (as
www.website.com) into /etc/hosts.

Despite much trying in squid.conf, with or without the various virtual
options, and even after trying version 3 of squid, nothing worked and I
am back to 2.5 now.

Did anyone get a setup like this (web servers on the local machine and
elsewhere) to work?
If so, I would very much appreciate your input.

Regards,
  -turgut