Re: [squid-users] squidNT 2.5 STABLE10 service not loaded on startup

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:12:16 +0200

Hi,

At 12.41 02/09/2005, Guillaume wrote:

>hi,
>I experience a new problem with squidNT proxy.
>I setup the server to reboot every days (near 06:00am) , and on the
>startup, the squid service is not loaded. I don't have any errors in
>the event viewer (in application, or system).
>the debug is not activated because its in production enviro.
>
>Does anyone have an idea about that?

- Check the contents of the squid.exe.log file in the squid\sbin
directory: is the stderr output during the early startup phase of the
SquidNT service.

May be that Windows doesn't wait for the SquidNT service shutdown
before kill it. Check if a squid.pid file is present when Squid doesn't start.
If yes, you can try to set a lower value for the shutdown_lifetime
directive (the default is 30 seconds) in squid.conf or you can try to
increase the Windows shutdown time to allow the SquidNT services to
end properly, fo details see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;146092

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/