Re: [squid-users] squid running on Linux vs. squid running on FreeBSD

From: Sally Huang <sallyhsl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:38:25 +0800

Hi Anders,

Are you using kqueue/kevent? And what prevent you from pushing more=20
traffic?

What is your configuration options when you compile squid?

Thanks
sally

From: Anders Nordby

Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:19:29 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:11:42PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>>I have good experience with Squid performance in FreeBSD, but I didn't
>>do any benchmarks against Linux.
> As long as you are happy with the performance you see from your systems

> this isn't much to worry about is it? ;-)

I'm always interested in how to improve Squid's performance. :-) I use
accelerator mode only though. Currently I can get one HP DL 380 server
to pump out around 30 mbps, 700+ hits per second using FreeBSD 4.

Cheers,

Anders