Re: [squid-users] Broadcom Chipset with squid

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 09:18:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, lokesh.khanna@accelonafrica.com wrote:

> Hi
> I am not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this problem.But I
> would like to share my exp.
>
> I am using DL380 compaq server which comes Broadcom Chip set for
> Ethernet controller. Is any one using Compaq Server for Squid. I am
> running Redhat 9 on it. I noticed when squid is passing high traffic,
> Ethernet interface get reset.
> Did anyone else faced this kind of problem? If yes what is the solution?

I have have several broadcom chipset ethernets in servers. The driver for
this ethernet chipset has undergone substantial ferment in the last couple
of years, so as the first order of business you should probably consider
installing a newer version on the OS preferably something built around the
2.6 kernel. fedora core 4 runs without any problems on a dl380...

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu