[squid-users] Startup fails

From: Bob Ambroso <BAmbroso@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:46:15 -0700

I have a basic squid install and I added an acl that uses a list of
banned sites. The list is quite comprehensive (say 7mb) and when squid
tries to start it chugs along then fails with kerneL out of memory..

The machine I am using is a PII with 384 megs of ram. When I use top I
can see that while it is starting squid will use most of the ram
(289-369 mb's of ram) till it fails... Without the text file it start up
no problem.. I created the list using MS notepad (not sure if that is
what is causing the problem but thought I would throw it out there..) I
have tweaked some of the default settings without any luck.

\Bob

Bob Ambroso
Whittier Public Library
7344 S. Washington Ave
Whittier, CA 90602
(562) 464-3452
This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may
contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. The
information is intended for the sole use of the recipient named above.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of information received in error is
strictly prohibited.