Re: [squid-users] Squid Win32 AD Lookup

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:49:09 +0200

Hi,

At 03.06 06/09/2005, Mark Unwin wrote:

>I have setup Squid for Win32, and it is functioning fine.
>Management wish to log user names for those using the proxy.
>I have installed ident for Windows on a few boxes - this is working fine
>(logging the usernames in c:\squid\log\access.log)
>I have the logs being parsed (daily) into a MySQL database, and some php
>scripts generating reports as needed.
>This is all good - thanks to the Squid guys.
>
>My question is - how can I enable Squid (on Win32), to automatically
>store the user name of the user, in the log, using an Active Directory
>lookup ?
>Thus avoiding the need to install an ident service on each Windows
>machine.
>Squid.conf examples would be much appreciated.

Look for NTLM authentication in the mailing list archive, there are
many and many threads about this on the squid-users list.
Configuration samples are provided in the SquidNT documentation.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/