[squid-users] CUSTOM LOGIN PAGE TO SQUID (with internet policies)

From: La Comète <lacomete@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:00:39 -0400

I use an external program name squid_ldap_auth.(work very well)

The browsers are configured with autodetect option in connection
settings.(work very well)

Every things work well but the "auth_param basic realm" clause in
squid.conf file doesn't work with all kinds of browsers.

REQUIREMENTS:

All users must be logged to squid for internet access.

Before the user login, I need to display "Internet Policies".

If the user login, automatically it accept the policies.

Does anybody use a custom login page with squid(EX: html page)?

I need:
   1. a custom secure login page to squid
   2. to display "Internet Policies" before login
   3. a multiplatform solution for solaris/linux and windows users

Do you have an idea if all of that are possible?

If yes, what do we do?

Guy Halley