Re: [squid-users] Restricting certain users to certain urls

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:28:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Yong Bong Fong wrote:

> How to restrict certain users to certain urls only based on their
> authenticated usernames? I did it with squidguard ages ago but it doesn't
> work now. It didn't work out properly 100% too.
> I am trying to figure out how with squid acl itself instead of squidguard....
> thanks for taking time helping,

Some good readings on Squid access controls:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html

http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/c1389.html

The trick to do what you ask is to first allow the user access to what he
should have access to, then deny him access to anything else. Both "user"
and "have access to" needs to be defined (separately) as acls.