Re: [squid-users] SQUID CUSTOM LOGIN PAGE

From: Covington, Chris <Chris.Covington@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:10:12 -0400

> > The "realm" clause in squid.conf file is not a multiplatform
solution.

> Why not? It's the best solution ever when it comes to platform-
> independence. Show me a browser that doesn't support 407
authentication.

Well I have my authentication set up as follows:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b
"cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com" -D "cn=user,cn=Users,dc=example,dc=com" -w
"password" -f sAMAccountName=%s -h ldap.example.com
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm enter your Example email/Citrix login for web
access
auth_param basic credentialsttl 5 minutes

IE will show the "enter your Example email/Citrix login for web access"
prompt, Firefox will say:

Enter username and password for proxy at (IP Address)

How can I get Firefox to use the proper text?

---
Chris Covington
IT
Plus One Health Management