Re: [squid-users] STRANGE: srv_kbytes=0, cd_kbytes=1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:11:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 3129 0 no-query default

See, there it is, and I bet it is not up and running..

The cache-digest statistics is from the connection failed error message
you see if you attempt to request https://127.0.0.1:3129/something via
your Squid. The same error message is given to the cache-digest code which
counts this as received (but invalid) data in the statistics...

It can be argued that it is a bug to account for this internally generated
data in the cache digest statistcs, but is is such minor bug that I am not
going to look at it. Patches may be accepted however.