[squid-users] Live Streaming Video

From: Ray La Peyre <ray.lapeyre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:28:27 +1000

Hi all,

I have a client that as trouble with large numbers of their staff watching
the same live streaming videos (eg surfing competitions) and would like to
know if squid on its own can get it once and distribute it to clients that
are trying to watch it (like multicast). I am running Windows Server 2003
(not my choice) and I know that a Linux program Cuttlefish can do this and
was wondering

1. If I can configure this on squid by itself
2. or if I need an additional program which would it be

Any information on this would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Ray La Peyre