Re: [squid-users] Itunes

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:32:12 +0200

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know how to block itunes and realplayer on squid. I have
> blocked mediaplayer. but trying to block itunes in the same way does not
> work.
>
> Regards
> Marco
>

> Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
> If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
> Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

            Squid is a http proxy only , not a Firewall.

 This question only makes sense if itunes can be configured
  to run through a http proxy.
  In that case enabling īlog_mime_drsī could display the
  mime type being used.
 This type can then be blocked; see FAQ for details.

 If itunes can not use a http proxy then this question is meaningless.