[squid-users] What is first exexcuted: hierarachy_stoplist or redirector (squirm)?

From: trash3 <trash3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:35:11 +0200

Hello,
I have a problem with the execution of the hierarachy_stoplist directive in
conjuction with the use of a redirector program (squirm).
The situation is as follows: I want a request (URL send to squid) first to
be parsed and modified by the redirector program, and then squid should
"decide" if the the neighbour cache is contacted or not, as specified by the
hierarachy_stoplist directive.
The redirector itself works, the regex expressions are o.k. and tested.
The hierarachy_stoplist seems to be correct, too. Sending the modified URL
to squid by typing it in the browser leads to the result: squuid does not
contact the neighbour cache.
So it seems te be an problem with the order of the execution.
But I can't get squid to send the url to the redirector and after it should
decide wether to use the neighbour proxy or not. The problem: the URL send
to squid before modification by the redirector does not match the
hierarachy_stoplist, after modification squid should contact the modiefied
URL (server) directly.
Any idea welcome!
Yours
Ingo Schwarz