RE: [squid-users] Re: cache_peer problem

From: Solaris2005 <rajeshbreddy2@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:01:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I have read the FAQ's and tried different cache_peer
options to stop DNS lookups on the child proxy but no
luck.

I tried

cache_peer 172.26.x.x parent 3128 0 no-query
proxy-only
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

Still the child proxy is doing DNS looks before it
sends the client's request to parent proxy.

Thanks.

--- Armin Marxer <armin@alm.za.net> wrote:

> Solaris2005 wrote on 06 September 2005 03:29 PM:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Should I have my config as
> >
> > cache_peer 172.26.x.x parent 3128 3130
> > acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> > never_direct allow all
> >

> See the following section, titled: # 4.9 How do I
> configure Squid
> forward all requests to another proxy?
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.9
>
> HTH,