Re: [squid-users] Problem with the blocking not working...

From: FamiLink Admin <webmaster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:36:47 -0700

John (et al),

I have increased the redirectors to 60 from 40 and that seems to have
stopped bypassing of the filter for now and I also have not seen links
returning the wrong address as of yet as well but they do admit it is a
problem. I was actually using that problem as an indicator of the filter
bypass problem

Also, I was looking at modifying the dansguardian "bad boy timeout"
(dansguardian.org/downloads/borman/dansguardian.pl) to work with
smartfilter's logs. Has anyone out in squid land done this? I was planning
to search the logs for IP address if users that get blocked with the reason
code of 149 (porn) or 132 (nudity) or 162 (sexual materials) or 113
(extreme). If they got blocked more than X (maybe 5) times in 30 min. their
IP address/32 would be added to the not_allow list used by squid and then
the program would issue a "squid -k reconfigure" to update it to squid. I
have already edited the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED file to notify the user why they
don't have access and what to do (or not to do :-).

Because I am not "a programmer" (I just smell link one) I wanted to see if
this has been done or something else like it.

Ryan Lamberton
FamiLink Company
Clean Internet Access