Re: [squid-users] What means squid:  ???

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 19:19:08 -0400

That's the text representation of ANSI-escaped colored text.

In RedHat-derived distros (e.g. Fedora Core & RHEL) when a service is started
they display the status of the service initialization. It looks like this

# service squid start
Starting squid: . [ OK ]

That "OK" is in colored text. Back in Fedora Core 2 I used to see the log
entries you show below. They seem to have fixed that in FC4, logging the
status but not piping the displayed status into the file too.