RE: [squid-users] Host-header per cache_peer

From: Laurikainen, Tuukka <t.laurikainen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:41:56 +0200

Hi all,

I don't seem to find out how to do this, so I'm asking now if there's
any way to do this?
The problem: I have a web server that has multiple "sites" running on
the same port (ie. ip-of-server/site1 ip-of-server/site2 etc.). A few of
them don't work if the host header is rewritten by Squid, and others
explicitly need it to be rewritten. Now, I can't create another squid
instance for changing the redirect_rewrites_host_header option, because
logically it can't listen on the same port and IP than the other squid
instance.
Is there any workaround for this problem?

Would it be possible for example to use an external redirector for
rewriting the Host: header just for certain requests while Squid would
be configured to not to rewrite it?

Regards,

Tuukka