Re: [squid-users] Squid disconnects internet...

From: <trainier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:29:10 -0400

Jorge,

Squid requires specific compilation paramaters if you plan to run the
cache as transparent:
  --enable-ipf-transparent
or
  --enable-pf-transparent
Respectively...

Did you use either of these?

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier@kalsec.com

"Jorge A. Rodriguez" <jrodriguez.mx@globalvantage.biz>
09/20/2005 02:10 PM

squid-users@squid-cache.org
cc

Subject
[squid-users] Squid disconnects internet...

Hi,
I am having a strange problem, my sarge (debian) box uses squid 2.5
stable 9, if I use the box to share internet it works fine, but if I add
squid (as transparent proxy) it works for a little while then everything
gets disconnected after 2 minutes(more or less...) and then after some
other time it gets connected again (I dont get response from internet,
msn disconnects, telnet connections hangs...) all I get from cache.log is
 CACHEMGR: <unknown>@127.0.0.1 requesting 'storedir'
 CACHEMGR: <unknown>@127.0.0.1 requesting 'counters'
  httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET
 From Access.log I get TCP MISS/(with different numbers 200, 0, 304....)
Thank you.

NOTICE: This electronic transmission contains information from
GlobalVantage Design Source, which may be confidential or privileged.
This information is intended to be for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
GlobalVantage immediately of your receipt of this transmission, delete
it, and be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this transmission is prohibited.