RE: [squid-users] NTLM without username/password prompt

From: Paul Matthews <paul.matthews@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:01:57 +1000

I'm running
RHEL 4
squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.14
samba-3.0.9-1.3E.3

yes, my winbind authenticator is running

[root@mail /]# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

[root@mail /]# ./etc/init.d/winbind restart

Shutting down Winbind services: [ OK ]
Starting Winbind services: [ OK ]

[root@mail /]# ./etc/init.d/winbind status
winbindd (pid 31246 31245) is running...

when I try the command

[root@mail /]# /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

It just hangs there ... doing nothing ...

We use winbind to authenticate our mail users so most of the winbind logs
are filled with that information over and over and over again

[2005/09/21 09:58:39, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_user.c:winbindd_getpwnam(161)
  user 'fiona.gould' does not exist
[2005/09/21 09:58:39, 1] nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(1032)
  user 'postfix' does not exist