Re: [squid-users] record domain\\username without doing any kind of authentication

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:54:01 +0200

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 07:32:27AM +0200, Arno.STREULI@ca-suisse.com wrote:
> the username is who is logged on the computer.
> I don't see what is funny, that can help to trace who access what on the
> net !?!
> Since a computer can be used by many person.

I can only assume that you replied to *my* post since your mail client
seems to be broken and you replied to your own posting with evil quoting
and a useless disclaimer.

The only way is to run an IDENT daemon on each client. But if those
workstations are under user control this is not reliable.

Generally a proxy request is a TCP connection on port 3128 and TCP/IP
doesn't transport information like "who is currently logged in". So
if you laugh or not - the question remains: how is Squid supposed to
guess who is the user on the workstation end?

 Christoph

--
~
~