Re: [squid-users] Can't show the 413 Request entity too large error page

From: Victor Tsang <htsang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:43:58 +0800

Thanks Henrik,

  I have upgraded the package to stable 10 as you suggested and yes it
works now.

  However, I notice it works by doing something I meant to setup max
body size to stop.

  Using packet sniffer it seems when squid stable 10 detects a request
having a content size larger than the max body size, it returns the
413 error immediately but instead of terminating the connection and
stop the upload, it lets the upload continue.

  must have been a tough choice, better behaviour vs more competitable
behavioiur...

  To be honest I find both options to be less than perfect, what I
really want is stop people from wasting my brandwidth at the same time
give them a proper message to suggest they have done something stupid.
 We have different cluster here that host different type of client
with differne type of end user, It would be best suit my need if I can
be given an option to pick either of the method on a case by case
bases, something like a config option or compile time option would be
perfect.

  I understand the feature might not be needed/asked by much people so
making a feature request for this might be too much to ask, and I'm
willing to patch the source code to make it work the way I like, would
you mind giving me some tips as of where I should start looking?

Many thanks.

Tor.