Re: [squid-users] Authentication, Cache Peer, and ACL issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:02:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Kia Vang wrote:

> 1. One of my backend Apache Server has been setup to use Basic HTTP
> Authentication. When I access this webserver from the outside through the
> squid reverse proxy, I can not login. If I bypass the squid proxy and
> directly access this webserver, I can successfully login. What's happening
> and what needs to be done to remedy this problem?

You need to establish a trust between the reverse proxy and web server to
allow forwarding of the login details. See the login option to
the cache_peer directive.

> 2. Is it possible to use proxy_auth acls with cache_peer_access? Or
> are proxy_auth_acls only possible with http_access? My experiment suggest
> that proxy_auths do not work with cache_peer_access.

Should work in cache_peer_access I think, but only if first evaluated in
http_access. cache_peer_access can not request authentication, only
process already authenticated requests.