Re: [squid-users] Fwd: cache_peer DNS query

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:25:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Solaris2005 wrote:

> for the web site URL. My problem is the child proxy
> is doing DNS lookup's.

Then you have something in your config needing the destination IP of the
requested site.

Squid only makes DNS lookups on a need basis. If the request is forwarded
to the parent and there is not access controls or other similar directives
needing the destination IP no DNS lookup will be made.

Take a look at your *_access directives and the acls they refer to.

> If I add proxy-only option will child proxy stop
> doing DNS lookups.

No, this is not related to DNS

This directive (no-cache) says that responses from the peer should not be
cached.