[squid-users] Parent Authentication request problem

From: Szarka Zoltán <szarka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:30:18 +0200

Hi All!

I have a squid proxy without authentication request, there is a Netscape
proxy with authenticaton request for each user (unfortunatelly I have no
administrator right for that server.)

What I want is forward all local http request to Netscape proxy over my
Squid.

I have try it with the following conf setting , but netscape proxy doesnt
accept any user/password. (why?)

cache_peer <netscape proxy ip> parent <port> 3130 default no_query

Then I have used login= option for cache_peer with a static
username:password. It has worked very well, but only with that user's right.
It is possible to forward authentication request for each user? I have
already try with login=PASS , login=PROXYPASS the netscape proxy doesnt
accept authentications.

thanks

Zoltan