Re: [squid-users] Clarification?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:54:58 +0930

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 04:28:48PM -0700, Derrick MacPherson wrote:

> OK. If I'm getting Windows machine popping up an authentication
> challenge up, it's asking username, password, domain; what is not
> working correctly?

The ntlm authentication/negotiation between the squid proxy machine
and your domain controller. When you get the 3 box prompt it seem
that IE knows that it should be using NTLM auth but the credentials
passed to the AD did not work so IE prompts for different auth
details. This is a different prompt to the one you get when doing
BASIC auth.

--
Brett Lymn