Re: [squid-users] Error in STABLE11

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 04:26:13 +0800

> If this works better for you then I'd like to take a closer look at what
> may differ between your system and the other systems this patch was tested
> on.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks Henrik.

I got a new result by doing test.

Perhaps the question is "Why do I need squid -k shutdown?"

Sometimes, Squid cannot run after system booting (put Squid in rc.local). No
webcache running checked by netstat -a, but system claims that Squid is
exist when I try to load Squid (running but not serving). After shutting
down Squid and load manually, it can run well. The problem (could not
shutdown Squid) is a trouble.

The result, in both tests (patched and un-patched) Squid can be shutted down
nicely when the webcache service exist in netstat -a. I think the problem of
cannot shutdown Squid is only happen in case the problem happen (running but
not serving). However, Squid 2.5S10 (without patches) can be shutted down in
any condition.

Thx & Rgds,

Awie