Re: [squid-users] "invalid header" error by https access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 19:21:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Dominik Schmid wrote:
>
>> When this all will be merged together that i can use this
>> persistent_connections on my proxies with ntlm and htttps?
>
> When Microsoft fixes their browser I think.
>
> NTLM required persistent connections.
>
> MSIE fails on some https connections if persistent connections are enabled.
>
> You probably can work around the browser bug by configuring different ports
> for http and https, but I have not verified this.

Another option is to try the patch in Bug #1346. This is an attempt to
work around another related MSIE bug where only part of the error messages
shown on failed https requests. But I am not sure it makes much difference
for the problem where MSIE sends the request unencrypted..

Thinking about it you can in fact disable persistent connections in
2.5.STABLE11 and still use NTLM. The performance will obviously suffer as
each object will require a new NTLM handshake, but it should firmly avoid
the problem with MSIE forgetting to set up the SSL tunnel before sending
the request I think.