Re: [squid-users] FTP reverse proxy

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:41:07 +0200

On 04.10 09:04, Alvarez, Wilfried wrote:
> I currently have squid running as a HTTP reverse proxy (several web servers
> for one IP adresse, my squid server routes the HTTP request to the good web
> server). It works fine and is very stable.
> I would like now to do the same thing with FTP servers,

No. The FTP protocol does not support proxying. Squid supports proxying of
FTP protocol in the HTP way - the clients talks HTTP to proxy and asks fot
FTP content.

Maybe there are specialized proxies but I doubt if (and why) there should
be any.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors