[squid-users] Squid seems to be limiting how fast I can download files

From: deathbots <deathbots@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 10:14:38 -0500

Hi there

Now running stable11, but it was happening with stable5, too. If I'm using
the proxy server, downloads will come down the pipe at a maximum speed of
about 235KB/sec. If I bypass the proxy and download direct, on the same
workstation I see speeds closer to what I should be getting with a DS3, in
the MB/sec range.

The OS squid runs on is OpenBSD 3.5. I am not using delay_pools. pf is
running on the machine.

I know this isn't a squid limitation or a problem with the machine itself -
if something is actually cached by squid, it comes down at local lan speeds.
Also, I can download a zillion files all running at 235KB/sec on the same
workstation.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?