Re: [squid-users] squid cache too little

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:11:05 +0200

On 06.10 19:04, Axel Böhme wrote:
> my squid machine (debian 3.1/squid 2.5) is not using the whole cache.
> Only about 10% of the Cache Size is in use. Does anyone got a hint for me?

Do you mean that only 10% of disk space is used on the partition you have
cache_dir on?

> httpd_accel_host virtual

do you use it as proxy for outgoing requests, reverse proxy for incoming
requests or both. If only the second, how much of data there are on backend
servers?

> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-delay proxy-only default

what do you mean with this setup?

> cache_dir ufs /cache 50000 100 256

this means your squid should use max 50GB... how big the disk is?